Skunkroot's Stompin' Grounds

Pictures I've taken out in nature. Left click on any picture to see the larger version.


Blog Archive

Topics:

  • Pictures (65)
  • Insects (38)
  • Reptiles (16)
  • Birds (8)
  • Video (6)
  • Arachnids (4)
  • Mammals (2)
  • Amphibians (1)
  • Fish (1)
  • Gastropods (1)

My Other Sites:

  • Skunk Tracks
  • Mountain Dream Shaman

Favorite Links:

  • Project Noah - measuring nature's pulse.

Total Pageviews

Sunday, August 19, 2007

Jessica the Domesticated Hippo

Watch this video and enjoy an endearing clip about Jessica, who is one very unusual hippo.


Posted by Skunkroot at 11:37 PM
Labels: Mammals, Video

No comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Audience Favorites:

  • Mistletoe State Park Cricket
    A gorgeous, very healthy and energetic field cricket that crossed my path at Mistletoe State Park in Georgia today.
  • Grasshopper Guide
    Grasshopper Guide - Phinizy Swamp - 04 June 2005 This grasshopper was guiding my path through Phinizy Swamp this evening. It seemed to b...
  • Moonlit Cardinal Twilight
    Moonlit Cardinal Twilight Phinizy Swamp 2005
  • Snake on the Fence
    A snake at Phinizy Swamp June 10th 2005
  • Birds In a Bird's Nest
    "Here we sit like birds in a bird's nest - waiting for our food! FOOD!" My sisters and I used to sing that song sometimes w...
  • Spring Arrives in Shreveport, LA
    ****
  • First Garden Spider of 2005
    Here is the first Garden Spider (a very young one), that I've seen at Phinizy Swamp this year.
  • Loggerhead Turtle Sighting!!
    (Edited on 25 June 2005) This is basically a draft, but I wanted to go ahead and get this out there... if I update it, I will note that fa...
  • A picture of a turtle in hand...
    Is worth a thousand words and 3 turtles in the bush. This little terrapin was rescued from a busy street and placed in a turtle-friendly ...
  • New Home for Turtle Eggs
    The turtle nest in its new home after being transferred by the naturalists to a safer location further from the ocean tide.

Life is short. Nature is forever. You are the nerve cell of a Universe experiencing its inner beauty.